I'm attempting to use the script of a third party JS library:

{% block javascript %}
    <script src="{% static 'js/typed/typed.js' %}"></script>
    ...{% endblock javascript %}

Doing so will return an error: `Uncaught SyntaxError: Enexpected token {`
And this error refers to line 1 of 'typed.js', more specifically, this line
of JS code:  `import { initializer } from './initializer.js';`

What seems to be the problem? I have no trouble including the scripts of
any other JS code. The only difference I see between this instance and my
working JS files is that this library I'm attempting to use uses syntax
particular to ES(?)

Here is the specific library in question:
https://github.com/mattboldt/typed.js/

It's a relatively well known library so I don't think the code is a problem
either.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/044cef5d-7a71-4d62-8ff2-d55f3e13143c%40googlegroups.com.