It is not looking for "home_page.html", it is looking for
"base/home_page.html". On the error page it lists the locations it is
searching for the template, and explicitly says the directories that
are being searched.

You say the file is at
/home/<user>/bakerydemo/bakerydemo/templates/base/home_page.html

It says it is looking in /var/www/bakerydemo/templates/

This means that your TEMPLATES['DIRS'] setting is wrong.

Looking at the configuration section of the error report shows that
you have put a relative path into TEMPLATE['DIRS']. Use
settings.PROJECT_ROOT to make that in to an absolute path, as the
example settings.py tells you to do.

Cheers

Tom

PS - there is very little point anonymising your username when you
share the full error report.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFHbX1%2B%2BfRpK3EqfqqojAt9%2BUyWyx79QYo-nopq0zx38Bdi93Q%40mail.gmail.com.