my code actually worked. I thought it was going to save the excel file to
'C:\excel' folder so i was looking for the file in the folder but i
couldn't find the excel file. The excel file was actually exported to my
django project folder instead.

How to i allow the end user to be able to download the file to their
desktop instead of exporting it to the server itself

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAPCf-y75oSOhthBTv8JjhCjEoZHy1_TC7dn%3DKwG%3D8GGqjwPA3Q%40mail.gmail.com.