[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> We're driving right past each other on the information
> superhighway.
>      Thanks for your advice, Russ. It still seems to me that a
> many-to-many relationship between days and events would be desirable,
> for the same reasons that all many-to-many relationships are desirable.
>
>      In my case, I don't want to record minutes at a particular meeting
> (for example) -- I just want to be able to publish the fact that the
> meeting is happening tonight, as it does every third Saturday at 7 p.m.
> For my purposes, it seems very unDRY to have to put a new record in the
> database every time that third Saturday rolls around.
>
>      Very best,
>
>      Hank Sims

Hank,

I'm a little confused. Your example uses a ForeignKey to relate Meeting
to MyDay but above you say you'd like a many-to-many relationship. Have
you tried:

       class MyDay:
             def __init__(self, date):
                 self.id = date.toordinal()
                 self.date = date

         class Concert(models.Model):
             title = models.CharField(maxlength=50)
             description = models.CharField(maxlength=50)
             date = models.ManyToManyField(MyDay)

         class Meeting(models.Model):
             title = models.CharField(maxlength=50)
             description = models.CharField(maxlength=50)
             date = models.ManyToManyField(MyDay)

Which *should* allow this in your templates:

           {% for concert in myday.concert_set %}
               {{ concert.title}} {{ concert.description }}
           {% endfor %}
           {% for meeting in myday.meeting_set %}
               {{ meeting.title}} {{ meeting.description }}
           {% endfor %}

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do?

BTW, here is more info on M2M's:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/models/many_to_many/

-Dave