I've tried every tutorial on how to use modals with forms in django and
have basically got nowhere.

The latest one I tried is this one
https://dmorgan.info/posts/django-views-bootstrap-modals/

I seem to be running into the same problem with them though, which is I'm
not sure where to put the code for the modal.

In my list view I have the button for the modal which looks like...
<button type="button" class="btn btn-secondary" href="{% url
'engineering:gaas_wafer_design_create' %}" data-toggle="modal"
data-target="#form-modal">
  Add
</button>

But one of my problems is I'm not sure where to put the actual modal code
and/or if I need to split up the modal code. I'm using class based views
and this is going to be a form for a create view.

When I put the code for the modal shell in the list view as well (btw here
is my modal shell) ...
aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true">
        <h4 class="modal-title">Modal title</h4>
        <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal"
aria-label="Close">
        </button>
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-secondary"
data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-primary">Save changes</button>
    <!-- /.modal-content -->
  <!-- /.modal-dialog -->
<!-- /.modal -->

obviously the modal pops up fine and displays the "..." in the body

But I have found no way in all the tutorials to even display the form in
the modal, much less handle the ajax submitting of the form. Does anyone
have a better tutorial or can give me direction?? Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d1230b14-6b34-4b9f-8712-43fa2721d938%40googlegroups.com.