Hi,

I have been going crazy for the past few days trying to understand
sessions, my settings.py file as the following,

SESSION_SAVE_EVERY_REQUEST=True
SESSION_COOKIE_AGE=2*60

Now whenever a request is initiated shoudn't the expiry date of the cookie
i.e the one that holds the session id ,doubled i.e become four minutes.
This is not happening and I am using chrome. Is this normal? I don't think
so,from the amount of stackoverflow posts on this discussion.

Now towards the second part of the question, Forget about what I have said
till now, now my settings.py contains only this.

SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE=True.

A user "admin" has initiated a request, done some work closed his browser,
session cookie holding the session id has expired and that's wonderful as
expected.

Now If I run this snippet,

from django.contrib.sessions.models import Session
from django.utils import timzone

sessions = Sessions.objects.filter(expire_date__gte=timezone.now())

The above queryset has the session of the admin user, I am confused is this
expected behavior? Can someone please address the queries for me.

Thank you

regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/464b49f3-9a01-41e1-a187-674c7bdcb380%40googlegroups.com.