Hello Jason,

This is a project dealing with Internet of Things/5G.

The plan was to cache millions of devices session information in memory for
the frequently communicating things and to age out the infrequent things to
the database. The in memory search would be done first, If cache hit did
not occur, then it would goto the db for the devices that communicate
infrequently (once a month, for example a smart meter).

The cache will be up 7x24 all the time, just like DNS.

Project is just starting, meaning that I do not have db load and spikes
information as of yet.

I created a micro service using django, REST API, using mariadb and
postgres to start. The micro service runs in a docker container and will
use K8s or Docker Swarm for orchestration.

What would you recommend for an approach. I am currently just counting on
the db (mariadb) to perform caching internally. I was about to run an
experiment to compare my approach to just counting on the database.

thx
bk

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6f2849c0-fb43-477b-911e-08c0c60e52b1%40googlegroups.com.