The problem you are having has nothing to do with the python version. What
heroku is saying is that you should change to python 3.6.6 which you do by
adding a file to the project - see
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/deploying-python.

The problem you are getting (and that hinders you from installing your
application) is that you are using a python 2.7 compatible plugin (Cheetah)
- that doesn't have any python 3 code. The error is that the code is not
python 3 compatible. (the syntax error you are getting at the end shows
this) - to install a Cheetah that you can use, install cheetah3.

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAK4qSCdMWSGUD%2BrT%2BBvLT0FkYvvJFBCFqpPdiEw8CdKmUpkPcA%40mail.gmail.com.