Hi,

I'm migrating my Flask app to a Django app. In cases of the models, it's a
little different between both. In Flask, you have to put id and in Django
it's not necessary. I'm showing you the difference between Flask and Django
while creating models. It's important to say that I was using
Flask_SQLAlchemy to make my models. Django has a pattern library that comes
along the framework.

Flask:
from flask_sqlalchemy import SQLAlchemy

class Friend(db.Model):
    __tablename__ = "friends"
    id = db.Column(db.Integer, primary_key=True)
    name = db.Column(db.String, nullable=False)
    address = db.Column(db.String, nullable=True)

Django:
from django.db import models

class Friend(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
    address = models.CharField(max_length=64, default=None)

As you can see, in Django is a little simpler to make models. You only have
to put the max_length. The NULL statement is equal to say default=None in
Django models.

Anytime,
Igor

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFTRX_KmZsCgAD4nOeznfu029%2BLiPANqTX_kA5%3D4VSPUkFCS%3DQ%40mail.gmail.com.