On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 1:27:18 AM UTC-8, Eric Pascual wrote:

> Hi Derek,
>
> but I have never seen anyone refer to it as a "lightweight" project
> (before you, that is).
>
> I didn't meant "Django *is* lightweight" but "Django *can be*
> lightweight", implied you configure it accordingly.

To be clear, I'm talking about stock Django. Out of the box, Django is
already lightweight for all practical intents and purposes. I've *never*
encountered a problem with startup time, memory usage, or speed due to
Django itself. I don't need to remove the ORM or tweak the template layer
or anything else. Out of the box, Django is already fast. Therefore, I
cannot seem to find a use case that makes Flask worth all of the additional
dev time that it requires worth it.

> What really matters is : "will the job be done ?".

Yep. And quickly. In execution time, there is no metric I care about where
"Flask wins" but in development time, stock Django is way ahead of Flask.

> I agree that what could be added in Django documentation is a section
> explaining how to strip its default application setting down to the minimal
> stuff for equating solutions such as Flask,

No need. Django doesn't need to be stripped down - it's already plenty fast
for virtually every web project. Even the smallest ones. But as small
projects grow into large/complex ones, Django has your back while Flask
does not.

./s

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/8652bc68-3857-4d91-a3ba-8868ec63f636%40googlegroups.com.