if you have MFA enabled on your gmail, you may have to disable it

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 1:08 PM Onkar Narkar <onkar.nar...@rentokil-pci.com>
wrote:

> Hi Amitesh,
>
>  Are you getting some error like this:
> smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (534, b'5.7.9 Application-specific
> password required. Learn more at\n5.7.9
> https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor 128sm18480521pfx.7
> - gsmtp')
>
> If this is the case, you need to specify *application* *specific password*
> instead of your nornal in gmail password.
>
> On Sunday, 17 February 2019 14:49:35 UTC+5:30, Amitesh Sahay wrote:
>>
>> I have created a registration page that sends an email notification on
>> successful registration. I do have my email notification in place. But it
>> doesn't seem to be working, neither it is throwing any error. Below is the
>> code snippet.
>> views.py
>>
>> def register(request):
>>     validators = [MinimumLengthValidator, NumberValidator,
>> UppercaseValidator]
>>     if request.method == 'POST':
>>         first_name = request.POST['first_name']
>>         last_name = request.POST['last_name']
>>         email = request.POST['email']
>>         username = request.POST['username']
>>         password = request.POST['password']
>>         try:
>>             for validator in validators:
>>                 validator().validate(password)
>>         except ValueError as e:
>>             messages.error(request, str(e))
>>             return redirect('register')
>>         password2 = request.POST['password2']
>>
>>         # check if the password match
>>         if password == password2:
>>
>>             if User.objects.filter(username=username).exists():
>>                 messages.error(request, 'username already exist')
>>                 return redirect('register')
>>             else:
>>                 if User.objects.filter(email=email).exists():
>>                     messages.error(request, 'Registration Failed - Try
>> different email address')
>>                     return redirect('register')
>>                 else:
>>                     user = User.objects.create_user(username=username,
>> password=password, email=email,
>>                                                     first_name=first_name,
>> last_name=last_name)
>>                     user.save()
>>                     messages.success(request, 'Registration complete, please
>> proceed to login')
>>                     return redirect('register')
>>         else:
>>             messages.error(request, 'password dose not match')
>>             return redirect('register')
>>     else:
>>         return render(request, 'ACCOUNTS/register.html')
>>
>> def ThankYou(request, register):
>>     if request.method == 'POST':
>>         if register.is_valid():
>>                 save_it = register.save(commit=False)
>>                 save_it.save()
>>                 subject = 'Registration successful'
>>                 message = 'Thank you for registration, please continue with
>> the login'
>>                 from_email = settings.EMAIL_HOST_USER
>>                 to_list = [save_it.email, settings.EMAIL_HOST_USER]
>>                 try:
>>                     send_mail(
>>                         subject,
>>                         message,
> [...]

Thank you
Siddharth Tamang
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CADBOudu8doUE%2BePmo%3DaT2ROjciEuJgDRm-25hpOKravsWyBHew%40mail.gmail.com.