If you're using virtualenv, then u need to activate before running
manage.py, to activate, use workon <virtualenv>.

Maybe you only installed Django in your virtualenv and not in your system.

Regards!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHRQUH%3D1XLhLx%3DShNtYRkW16E8hEKEN7DJhPtTW1cxMWp-HRKw%40mail.gmail.com.