You can use this simple module:

https://github.com/nishant-boro/django-rest-framework-download-expert

This module provides a simple way to serve files for download in django
rest framework using Apache module Xsendfile. It also has an additional
feature of serving downloads only to users belonging to a particular group

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0ccf23f0-c2ec-4d62-a030-a3b7cf92e029%40googlegroups.com.