We've made the first release on the way to Django's next major

> release, Django 3.0!
>
> With about two and a half months until the
> final release (scheduled for December 2nd), we'll need timely testing
> from the community to ensure an on-time, stable release.
>
> Check out the blog post:
>

> https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2019/sep/10/django-30-alpha-1-released/

The updates look nice...

1) Is there any plans to officially support MS SQL server directly?
   There are a few different ways to connect to an MSSQL server, but none
   of them are very well maintained (in a timely manner).   I am currently
   using https://github.com/michiya/django-pyodbc-azure
   <https://github.com/michiya/django-pyodbc-azure>, which is forcing me to
   stay at django v2.1.xx, and I've used django-mssql in the past
   (but that hasn't been updated to django v2.xx).   Having an
   officially supported, and updated ms sql bridge would be quite helpful.

2) Its still early, but how does the performance match up against v2.xx?

        - Benjamin