1. If your application going for production, then don’t start with
Microservices. Microservices used to scale up your application in
horizontally as well as there are other some benefits like each service can
build with small amount of team, therefore maintaining and testing is
pretty easy. If you write your application in Microservices you should have
strong Devops to maintain.
 So start with monolithic and later you can change to microservices when
you need to scale your application.

2. If you just need to use micro service architecture in your college
projects then you can use docket for running each services. You can
exchange data between services using REST APIs. Also you can use Kubernetes
for docker container management. Also you use message brokers to
communicate between services where one can publish and others can
subscribe. For the message broker try Apache Kafka.

This is my suggestion. There are plenty of blog post available on the
internet