Dear Uri,

> When I use pip to install a package, does it depend on the version of
Python I'm using?

Yes, it does.

> I noticed that Django 3.0 doesn't support Python 3.5. But why does pip
fail?

Pip will respect the supported version metadata of the package. There's no
package available for the Django
and Python version constraints you provided.

Instead of getting a non-nonsensical SyntaxError crash when trying to run
Django on Python 3.5 pip prevents
you from shooting yourself in the foot in the first place.

Simon