How do I get the value of a selected model choice field? I have a model
that has a field 'user' as a foreignKey and I am trying to figure out how
to get the value of a user that was selected.
I have a form that looks like below,
[image: image.png]

class update_entitlement_form(forms.ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = month_and_year
        fields = ['user', 'Month', 'Year']

class month_and_year(models.Model):
    user = models.ForeignKey(User, default='', on_delete=models.CASCADE)
    Month = models.CharField(max_length=100, default="", null=True)
    Year = models.CharField(max_length=100, default='')

    def __str__(self):
        return self.user.first_name