So your question is if you should use LTS versions or use the latest
blazing version.

The answer is of course - it depends.

Do you see anything in django 3 that you need to have? In that case -
upgrade to django 3. If you only want to make sure that your application is
safe and secure and you don't need the bleeding edge functionality - keep
with the LTS:es.

It also depends on your application cycle. I currently have 2 projects
running - one is a commercial ecommerce platform. The other is a platform
for course administration. Both have completely different requirements on
technical functionality from django. On the ecommerce site we are running
on LTS versions, on the other site we are running with the latest version
of django.

I think the most important thing is to make sure that you have a secure
site regardless - so if you run the lts versions, you need to update as
soon as the next LTS comes out. And the same goes for the other versions as
well - update all the time in that case.

Regards,

Andréas