Rob,

On 12/31/06, Rob Slotboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my model I need a special character for the verbose_name_plural.

I need an &euml; but admin gives a questionmark.
What do I need to do?

The folowing things don't work.

verbose_name_plural = 'categori&euml;n'
verbose_name_plural = 'categoriƫn'
verbose_name_plural = 'categori%sn' % chr(235)

Try encoding the models.py file using utf-8 (use iconv to re-encode it if
it is encoded in ASCII or ISO 8859-x) and flag the encodig explicitely as per
[1]PEP 0263.

After that, you can use

 verbose_name_plural = 'categoriƫn'

Also, see tickets [2]#170 and [3]#1945