I've used nginx+gunicorn/uwsgi, Apache+modwsgi, Google app engine flex,
Google app engine standard, heroku, kubernetes on various cloud platforms,
elastic beanstalk deployments and various others.

Realistically I don't think there is a "best" way. It all depends on your
environment, what you're working with and what you know.

If you're new to deploying Django I'd just follow the digital ocean guide
with nginx and gunicorn here:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-django-with-postgres-nginx-and-gunicorn-on-ubuntu-16-04

It teaches you the basics of what you want to know.

In the end every style of deployment has its ups and downs so I'd just use
whatever works best for you. If you don't know what that is then try
whatever seems simplest (in my opinion that digital ocean guide) and feel
free to evolve and adapt from there.

One thing I would say though is to avoid app engine flex. It's just a
wrapper around Google compute engine for 6x the price. It promises
scalability but realistically the latency in bringing up new machines voids
that. Luckily the latest standard engine supports python 3 and Django and
is much faster so is ok to use (with a lot of work around connecting to
databases).