Hello,

I'm a freelancer just getting introduced to web app programming, and will
soon need to create web apps for clients who want a database of info for
many of their customers and clients who want an e-commerce website.
I know of Python's GIL, and I assume Django creators would've obviously
designed processes to avoid GIL-related issues. This answer
<https://medium.com/@side_swail/how-does-python-handle-multiple-web-requests-29787925775>speaks

a bit about how multiple web requests are handled, and I've come to
understand that I have to use external libraries which would use WSGI to
perform load balancing. So I'm assuming the load balancer would run
multiple instances of my webapp in separate processes to serve client
requests, and I'd only have to worry about avoiding race conditions and
mutual exclusion issues.

I also searched for benchmarks, and found some Locust
<https://blog.apcelent.com/load-test-django-application-using-locustio.html>tests

which seem like Django could handle around 500 requests per second without
much sweat. The reason I need to know this, is because I need to know what
the threshold is (for number of simultaneous user connections), before I
consider installing something as complex as Kubernetes. How many requests
can be handled by an ordinary load balancer before resorting to Kubernetes?

I know I'm speaking from inexperience, but these are what anyone would like
to know before starting off with building a web-app, and hope the answers
that follow this question would be useful for novices.