I just followed this tutorial to create the simplest possible Django
application:

https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/hands-on/deploy-python-application/

I used *campaign* instead of *tutorial* and *app* instead of *hello_world*
because
I intend to transform the tutorial into a simple production application.

When I load the app in my browser, I get either "Hello, World!" (the
expected result) or the Django welcome page ("The install worked
successfully! Congratulations! You are seeing this page because DEBUG=True
is in your settings file and you have not configured any URLs"). The two
alternate. It's not random -- I always get one and then the other when I
reload the page.

campaign/app/urls.py contains:

from django.urls import path
from . import views

urlpatterns = [
     path('', views.index, name='index'),
]

campaign/campaign/urls.py contains:

from django.contrib import admin
from django.urls import include, path

urlpatterns = [
    path('', include('app.urls')),
    path('admin/', admin.site.urls),
]

I don't get how it works as expected every OTHER time. Obviously I can't
move on until I get this fixed.