Hi

I am wondering at some ways one can write a query in Django. Let's say for
example :

Whatever.objects.filter(fk_object_id=fk_object_id)
Whatever.objects.filter(fk_object_id=fk_object.id)
Whatever.objects.filter(fk_object=fk_object)

and I could add to that list fk_object__id and fk_object__id__exact but my
question is that while these syntaxes are equivalent in termes of results,
one of them has got to be more efficient. I have read some posts about the
subject, usually about optimizations, and could also guess that using an ID
directly makes less behind-the-scene operations. On the other side,
fk_object=fk_object surely looks more clean and concise to me.

I know I don't master the subtleties of all these syntaxes, but my question
is why does Django not support only one (the most) efficient way of writing
queries ?

Thanks for your thoughts about this.