i encounter alot shit when adding static to a url background images,django
templates can be shitty sometimes,because sometimes it wont pick up due to
some spacing ,its very annoying,here is what i do either i write the same
code by myself again beneath it but mostly it always worked by copying
another url background image then i edit it,let me explain, in your
templates you must have another url background images you have added static
to and it worked just copy it beneath your main problem then edit it after
editing delete the problem and restart your dev server