I have this urlpatterns..

urlpatterns = [
    path('', views.index, name='index'),
    path('<int:album_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
]

my index.html looks like this

<h1>Albums to display</h1>
<ul>
    {% for album in all_albums %}
    {% endfor %}
</ul>
#my index.html simply displays my albums. and the above works just fine

my detail.html looks like this

{{ album }}
#and it works just fine too

my views.py looks like this

def index(request):
    all_albums = Album.objects.all()
    return render(request, 'music/index.html', {'all_albums': all_albums})

def detail(request, album_id):
    try:
        album = Album.objects.get(pk=album_id)
    except Album.DoesNotExist:
        raise Http404("Album does not exist")
    return render(request, 'music/detail.html', {'album': album})

#when ever I click on an album link to get the album details, I get the 404
below:

Page not found (404)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/music//

Using the URLconf defined in website.urls, Django tried these URL patterns,
in this order:
1. admin/
2. music/ [name='index']
3. music/ <int:album_id>/ [name='detail']
The current path, music//, didn't match any of these.

in my detail funtion in views.py, at first I used on request as an argument
and it worked just fine to give me the album details (which returned only
the album id number), but when i added album_id, so as to get the album
details, I got an error. saying music// not found. Now I don't understand
how the last forward slash(/) was added.
can I get the explaination to this. Thanks