How does your ENTIRE urls.py look?
it looks like you supplied a prefix (mysite.www) to the patterns
function, so that it is prepended to every view name you put there...

remove it and it should be OK

On 1/14/07, rzimerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want the Django development web server to serve the images located in
'/var/www/images', so I added the following line to my urls.py file:

    (r'^images/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
{'document_root': '/var/www/images'}),

However, when I got to view the image, I get the following error:

ViewDoesNotExist at /images/b.gif
Could not import mysite.www.views.django.views.static. Error was: No
module named django.views.static
Request Method:         GET
Request URL:    http://192.168.1.8:8080/images/b.gif
Exception Type:         ViewDoesNotExist
Exception Value:        Could not import
mysite.www.views.django.views.static. Error was: No module named
django.views.static
Exception Location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Django-0.95-py2.4.egg/django/core/urlresolvers.py
in get_callback, line 120

My Django installation is the standard .95 release, running on Debian.

I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

--
Honza Kr l