On 1/14/07, Mark Striebeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey, that's exactly what I needed too. But when I tried it, I got a

OperationalError: (1140, 'Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT()...)
with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause')

my bad... sorry
try
qset.extra( select={ 'sum' : "'SELECT SUM( column ) FROM table'" } )

byt I am afraid that MySQL doesn't support this feature (sub-selects)
until recent versions

I'm using MySQL - maybe I need a different syntax there. But I can easily
use SUM directly in a MySQL client.

      MarkS

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model_api/#executing-custom-sql

--