On 1/19/07, Patrick J. Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if it is possible, and if so then how, to have a
> context-sensitive 'upload_to' parameter set for FileField.
>
> Let's say, I have the following model concept:
>
> class MyModel(models.Model):
>         folder = models.CharField(maxlength = 8)
>         file_html = models.FileField(upload_to = '%s/html' % x)
>         file_pdf = models.FielField(upload_to = '%s/pdf' % x)

The inflexibility of 'upload_to' has been discussed a few times in
this list. If you search through, you should be able to find one or
two solutions. None of them are great, but they're all that's
available.

Many moons ago, I submitted a patch that allowed custom upload_to. No
idea if it would work against the current trunk, but you can try,
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1994

Jay P.