you could raise a bug report on the django tracker
at https://code.djangoproject.com/query but I'm doubtful that this will
gain any traction

Those versions of django you specified are very out of date.  1.10 was EOL
in 2017, 1.11 EOL'd April 2020 and 2.0 EOLd Aug 2018

If you don't have any issues with currently supported versions (2.2, 3.2
and 4.0),  then its likely that any PRs won't be applied.