Joel Goldstick, would definitely not recommend doing an all in one update.
That'd be like going from windows XP to 10 in one go.  For personal
projects, you could do it, but would side-eye any professional who
suggested doing this with a company or workplace project.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.0/releases/2.1/#model-view-permission is
liekly the permission being hit.  OP, would it be possible for you to
rename the original permission name in a migration in 1.11, and then move
forward with the migration?