That sounds like a Single Sign On or a Central Authentication Service. This
stackoverflow shows some suggestions
https://stackoverflow.com/q/4662348/1431104

Or if your "External Authentication" is a known provider service, you could
take a look at django-allauth.

--
Abdul Qoyyuum Bin Haji Abdul Kadir
HP No: +673 720 8043