On 2/18/07, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/18/07, VIK_Tomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > class Action(models.Model):
> >    name = models.CharField(maxlength=64, unique=True)
> >    photo = models.ForeignKey('Photo', null=True, blank=True)
>
> Set 'raw_id_admin=True' on the 'photo' field -- otherwise Django will
> query the full list of Photos to build a drop-down menu. The
> 'raw_id_admin' option will tell it to use a text input which takes the
> (integer) id of a Photo, and it will add a JavaScript shortcut for
> selecting it.

yes, but we are talking about listing the models ( change_list at
/admin/app/model/ ), we haven't got to the form yet, so this shouldn't
affect anything (and it doesn't)

even this was an issue - the population of the drop-down would be 1
SQL select, a big one - true, but just one...

--
Honza Kr�l
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]