Hi,

I'm new to django and eager to give it a try.
Now I have a task, where I have data in a postgresql db and i want to
visualize this data using django. My question now is if it is possible to
connect the django models with postgresql views which are accessing the
postgresql tables with the real data.

So my question is
a) if django really cares if it is operating on views or real tables (I only
need to read the data, no writing)
b) how complicated it is to create views in postgresql which are fitting the
needs of djangos models
(c) How about the indices django creates?)

I don't want to get detailed instructions how to do this, just a guess if it
will work and/or if this sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

I tried "django-admin instpectdb", but the problem is, that I don't need most
of the tables in the db, so I get lots of models I don't need and even the
models I need have many attributes which are useless for the visualization.
But if "inspectdb" is the easier and safer approach, it would be fine too.

I'm glad for any hint!

Cheers,
Johannes