Lee Hinde wrote:

> On Mar 24, 8:03 pm, John DeRosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> walterbyrd wrote:
>>> SaaS = Software as a service, just in case that was not clear.
>> What's the difference between SaaS and an ASP?  I don't quite get the
>> distinction between them.
>
> The ASP provides the SaaS.

Yes and no.  The term "ASP" existed before "SaaS" came on the scene.  I
think ASPs were selling something to their customers before SaaS was
"invented."

The point of my original post was that the meaning of ASP and SaaS, and
whether there's any real difference between them, depends on who's doing
the talking.