On Mar 30, 1:08 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'm confused. First you said it took 0.2 seconds, then you say it took
> 47  seconds and then 3 seconds. Both of those numbers are bigger than
> 0.2. I know this because I took advanced maths courses at university.

Yea, I tried to clear that up in the previous post.  .2 seconds was on
the dev server, not apache2/mod_python, little data and without the
optimization.

47 and 3 was before and after the optimization on the production env:
apache2/mod_python and production data (19 presentations).

> Even so, around three seconds for 19 iterations of that loop without the
> form seems a bit slow. That's only just over five per second (since it's
> really 3.8 seconds). We may need to look at newforms performance when
> things have settled down a bit. Not worth being too premature in the
> optimisation, but this is an interesting data point.

Also as a side note, this is Django 4455.  I'll be happy to try to
write up some tests or something.  I should get familiar with tests
sooner than later anyway.