On 03/04/07, Chris Brand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What's the best way to restrict access on a per-app basis ?
> I want to have two apps, with some users allowed access to one, others
> allowed access to the other, and some allowed access to both.
>
> Any advice would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

  You could define custom permissions, that are controllable trough
the admin interface. Then in your views you can use the permission
required decorator, to define what permission is required for
accessing those ( i think there was a way to add this in your url
configuration as well, so then you'd simply add a different permission
required for each app and that'd be all, but i'm not sure how it's
done). And then you can define user groups that have the different
permission sets for each/both apps and assign users to those in the
admin interface.