I need to capture the url from the previous view to use after
processing the new view - I expect there's a simple way of doing this,
but I'm not sure of the best approach. I'm thinking about writing to a
session cookie or stack when arriving at a view and then recall it
when I get to the new view.

There are two purposes:
1. To hold the url so that I can return to the previous view after
I've completed validation in the current view.
2. To enable me to display specific graphics through all future views
when the user comes from a certain url.

Can anyone suggest a simple way to do this?