Hi,

I'm pretty new to python and django.  I have a list of items that I'm
displaying, and each item can have zero, one or many images.  I want
to display the first image if one exists.

I soon found out that I can't do stuff like test:
item.images.all().count() in the templates, so I thought I'd add a
custom method to the item model like this:

def image(self):
  if self.images.all().count() > 0:
    return self.images.all()[:1]
  else:
    return None

I'm coming from ruby... so I thought I might be able to access this
from the template as "item.image", but then I realized I have to
access it as "item.image()" which the templates don't support.

What's the Python/Django way to do this?

Thanks