On 4/4/07, paceman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/contrib/sessions/models.py",
> > > line 10, in encode pickled = pickle.dumps(session_dict) PicklingError:
> > > Can't pickle : it's not the same object as
> > > psycopg2.tz.FixedOffsetTimezone
> ******************************

This is occurring when Django tries to pickle your session dict to
store it back in the database.

It's puking because something you're putting in the session back is
not serializable.  This is (apparently) usually caused by reloading a
module.

See:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=628925&group_id=5470
and
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=451547&group_id=5470

In this case, it appears related to psycopg2.  Are you reloading that
anywhere?  Or possibly circularly importing things?

> If I change Apache2 to the mpm-worker package (which, by the way, is
> not recommended by Django): Apache2-mpm-worker - 2.2.3-4

I have no idea why that would matter.  :)
> Has anybody ever come across this

No, but that's my guess.  :)