On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 17:31 -0700, queezy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry it took a while - I had to get the info from work.
>
> Renderer mode: Quirks mode
> Cache source: Not cached
> Encoding: UTF-8
>
> The other stuff was blank.
>
> My view is as follows:
>
> ==========  SNIP ==========
> from django.http import HttpResponse
> from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
> import urllib
>
> def front(request):
>     sock =
> urllib.urlopen("/home2/a12007/webapps/officeprofiler/profiler/templates/officechoice.html")
>     html = sock.read()
>     sock.close()
>     return HttpResponse(html)
>
> def officereport(request):
>     selected_choice = request.POST['office']
>     sock =
> urllib.urlopen("/home2/a12007/webapps/officeprofiler/profiler/"+selected_choice)
>     html = sock.read()
>     sock.close()
>     return HttpResponse(html)

If this is the method that returns your PDF, the problem is clear. You
are NOT setting the mimetype. So Django defaults to sending it with an
HTML mimetype and your browser correctly respects that and tries to
display the result as if it were an HTML. You have to set the mimetype
for any non-HTML data. This was mentioned earlier in the thread -- Ned
even gave you an example.

Regards,
Malcolm