On 4/12/07, Brian Luft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, my problem was that the JSON serializer was
> bombing out when encountering float fields.  I didn't report it
> directly because I thought I had remembered seeing others report
> similar problems.  It was probably a late night and I got around it by
> opting for XML formatting.

Ah - that problem. Forgot about that one :-)

For the record, this is ticket #3324.

The issue isn't completely the serializer - its the interaction
between floats, Decimal and the database-specific numeric types. The
biggest problem is compatibility with Python 2.3, which doesn't have a
Decimal type.

'Correct' handling for Decimals is an issue that is still under
discussion. A number of solutions have been proposed, but a final
solution hasn't been agreed upon.

> Thanks for the update Russell, nice to see the aggressive work being
> put into this very useful aspect of the framework.

Most welcome.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)