Perhaps check your firewall, anti-hijack, anti-trojan, etc. software.
You may have a cookie guard enabled.

For example, Webroot's Spy Sweeper has a set of "shields" for web
browsers, and they include the blocking of certain tracking cookies and
some IE security 'protection'.  Perhaps your system is running a similar
product?

John