hello everyone,

I'm trying to split up my models.py into different files, more
specifically I've made a directory "models":

/models
    + __init__.py
    + models1.py
    + models2.py
    + models3.py

First of all I had the trouble that django was now misinterpreting the
app_name but that's fixed using meta. My bigger problem however is how
to in one file, reference other files.

I would still like to be able to do:

from myapp.models import MyModel

so I have to change the __init__. But no matter what I try I either get
import problems, or cirecular references (I think) etc etc. Using string
references for models ( models.ForeignKey('Something') ) works for
ForeignKeys, but does not work for ManyToManyFields.

I know we can split up into different applications, but we have done
that already, but our models.py is still too large...

Any ideas?

  - bram