David wrote:
> The second reply asked "Why switch?" There's no smoking gun or nasty
> occurrence, but we're switching some applications from Oracle to open-
> source databases and are trying several. Because we need to interact
> both via Django applications and via direct SQL, we have been finding
> it much easier to shoot ourselves in the feet when we neglect to use
> the InnoDB storage engine and thus have no foreign-key-constraint
> enforcement. It also seems like Django authors (in The Book at least)
> favor PostgreSQL.

There are many reasons to prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL. Many of them may be
found here:

MySQL-PostgreSQL comparison
http://www.teknico.net/devel/myvspg/index.en.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Anyone who says their ambition is "to be famous" is a fragile ego desperate
for external recognition and for these people the Big Brother show can be a
devastating experience, not least with the constant fear of public "reject-
ion". Being voted out means "they don't love me" when the real problem is
that the celebs don't love themselves. -- David Icke, January 2007