Hi all:

Forgive me if this has been asked before. We're looking to upgrade our
hosting server I'm trying to get a sense of how much RAM we should be
looking at (considering that's our bottleneck).

What are some ballpark memory figures (memory vs requests/sec or
concurrent connections) for people running django on Apache prefork w/
mod_python? Would, say, 150 requests/sec for a 2GB memory allocation
seem reasonable?

I understand that each application is different, and each apache
deployment can be tuned for different needs; like I said, I'm just
trying to get a ballpark.

Relatedly, what is everyone using to load test their ajax apps? We've
been using JMeter to limited success... any other thoughts are
appreciated.

Annecdotes, links to articles, or informed guesses are all
appreciated. We're not trying to get an answer, just data to make an
informed decision.

andrew