> An explanation of what you expect to happen and what is actually
> happening for a start, along with any error message.
>
> How are your trying to use login_required in your template? Your initial
> paragraph says you are trying to use the login_required *decorator*, but
> that is something that applies to Python code, not inside a template.

I'm sorry, my terminology was probably improper. I think should have
said I'm trying to use login_required as an argument for a generic
view.

What I'm trying to do is have a URL that uses direct_to_template to
send people to my application's main page. I want to require login to
view this page.

If I were doing it with a regular view, I'd just put the
login_required decorator above it. Since the page has no logic that
requires a view to be written, direct_to_template will work nicely.

The documentation says that CRUD generic views take an optional
argument of login_required.