On 6/7/07, Lars Stavholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And then I hit a snag: there's one table that uses a composite
> primary key made up of three fields. (the attachment table in trac.db)
>
> I've scanned the doco and I've googled, this is what I came up with:
>
> o define one of the fields as a primary
> o add the unique_together Meta constraint
>
> Is there another/better way?

Unfortunately, no. That's about the best you can do at the moment.

Composite primary keys are a frequently requested feature, but there
is one major problem - specifying a URL for an object with a composite
key in the Admin application (or any other application for that
matter).

Suggestions are welcome, but search the archives first, beacuse this
isn't the first time it has been suggested, and there are problems
with many of the obvious ideas.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)