On 6/15/07, Martin Winkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:00:11 +0800
> schrieb "Nimrod A. Abing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Are you planning to implement a configuration to allow in-memory
> > images?
>
> One thing that annoys me with in-memory images is that you have to
> change your urls.py, and I want the CaptchaField as unobtrusive as
> possible. Furthermore this method needs some kind of session data
> stored somewhere, and therefore also cookies. All this annoys me a bit,
> to be honest.

Heheh, you nailed it right there. My own implementation requires both
a urls.py entry as well as session variables. Modifying urls.py is not
really a big issue with me. However, things get problematic when the
user does not have cookies enabled.

> > Characters that can confuse users have been removed from this set. But
> > some fonts are more legible than others, so it should be possible to
> > configure the characters to use. Are considering implementing this?
>
> Good idea! Although I already have used an incomplete alphabet for
> this, it seems natural that developers want to use their own "alphabet"
> - which might be only digits, and no characters.
> So I made a nice configuration possibility for my captcha module. You
> can define it in your settings.py, and also adjust individual forms, if
> you wish.

That's great!

> > 3. No "twists" are applied to characters. I have found that distorting
> > characters tends to confuse users even more. Will there be a
> > configuration that will disable "twists"?
>
> Yes. You can specify rotation, sizes, vertical positions and other
> values according to your needs. The only thing that is not so elegant
> is: all characters are aligned on top. That means that a lowercase
> character might look as if it is superscript. If you only use uppercase
> and numbers, then this is no problem.
> (BTW: The user can enter only lowercase characters - the captcha test
> is also successful, even if the image also shows uppercase characters)

Yes, that was actually one of the requirements for my project: to make
sure that lazy users are taken into account :)

I will be downloading your module and testing it out soon. If I have
patches for your module, do I send it here on django-users or can I
send to you directly?
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/