Hi,

On 20 Jun 2007, at 3:06 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

there is a problem with django 0.96, the connections to mysql are
never closed

Sounds similar to a problem we are experiencing:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/ 588718d711a5a0f0/

does anyone knows why it is so ?
to circumvent the problem I set mysql wait time out to 120 s instead
of 28800 by default

This doesn't appear to work for us. I believe it is because changing the global wait_timeout (in my.cnf) (for some reason) only affects tcp connections and not interactive connections or socket connections ( DISCLAIMER: I read this on experts exchange ).

Hope that helps a bit,

thanks,

David

--