Filippo Santovito wrote:
> I'm trying to use unique_for_year but it seems the Admin simply
> ignores this constraint:
> i'm using this model for testing and I'm able to add two entry with
> the same date:
>
> class MyModel(models.Model):
>         class Admin:
>                 pass
>         mydata = models.DateField()
>         myfield = models.CharField(maxlength=10,
> unique_for_year="mydata")
>
> Am I missing anything or is it a bug?

I think you are missing something: the two myfield values need to be the same.
'a' and 'a' for instance.  'a' and 'b' in the same year is ok.

It works OK for me under SVN, with a small issue that is almost a bug:  the
error message mentions the month, as if it was important.  the month mentioned
is the month of the entry being rejected, and implies that there is existing db
data in that month.

Carl K